March 26, 2010

Microsoft’s My Phone Updated and Ready for Download

Just found this on the Microsoft Download Page hot off the presses:

Microsoft My Phone for Windows Mobile 6+

Microsoft My Phone provides online access to the content on your Windows mobile phone. This free service syncs the important information on your Windows phone (e.g., contacts, calendar appointments, tasks, text messages, photos, video, etc.) with a password protected Web site. Once synchronized, it’s easy to back-up and restore your phone data. My Phone provides an easy-to-use Web portal where you can access and manage content on your phone, and share that information with others.

The new version is 01.06.22718.0001 compared to the old version I had on my phone which was 01.05.2410.0400.

If your already running My Phone on your Windows Mobile just go into the application and try to sync. At that point you will be notified of the update and asked to download it.

If you notice what is new let us know in the comments.

Update: No sooner than I hit send on this post I got the following email from Microsoft about this update:

Dear My Phone User,

We’ve just updated the My Phone backup service to provide fixes and enhancements based on your feedback.  The next time you sync, you will receive a notification on your phone to update the My Phone software.  The content you have already synced will remain unchanged and can be managed online.

Have you logged into the My Phone website lately?  Sure My Phone provides peace of mind with automatic backup, as well as find and protect your lost phone features.  But here are a few tips and features that you may not know about:

1) Quickly update and manage your contacts conveniently from your PC.  You can even add photos to your contacts from your desktop with just a few clicks of your mouse.  Just login to the My Phone website, go to Contacts, and select the contacts that you wish to update.

2) Easily download, upload and share your photos.  Getting pictures on and off your phone can sometimes be a tricky task, but My Phone makes it simple.  Not only can you download Photos from your phone to your PC, but you can also upload photos from your PC to your phone, as well as quickly share photos from your phone or PC with Windows Live, Facebook, MySpace and Flickr.  When you login to My Phone, your most recent Photos are right there on the home page.  Select the photos that you wish to upload, download or share.

3) Use Wi-Fi to sync your content.  My Phone will sync over Wi-Fi when available.  If your phone can connect to the Wi-Fi in your home or office, then you won’t have to worry about cellular data usage.

The My Phone team is excited about the continued success of our service.  We were recently chosen as a finalist for the GSMA 2010 Best Mobile Internet Service and continue to see new users across the globe every day.

Thank you for using My Phone.  We hope you continue to enjoy our service.

The My Phone Team

http://myphone.microsoft.com

No comments: